A FREE 11 week program to help maintain bone density
~ offered in-person and online ~
The next group starts September 14th
Women on Weights was developed by a Registered Kinesiologist for women who want to maintain their bone density. Participants may have normal bone density, osteopenia or osteoporosis.
This extensive program – focused on strength-training, fitness and education – includes:
- Osteoporosis education
- Spine sparing movements to help to prevent fractures due to Osteoporosis.
- Fitness assessments
- Balance education/falls prevention & a balance exercise class.
- Posture education, posture assessment, and posture correction exercises
- Exercises to strengthen the core
- Two classes using hand weights for strength training.
- Education session from a Registered Dietitian on how to modify the diet to maintain bone density.
This program runs for 11 weeks 3 times per year,
on either Thursday mornings from 10-11 am or Wednesday evenings from 6-7 pm.
Participants can then join a monthly session on Thursdays from 10 am to 12 pm.
The next group starts September 14th, 2023 on Thursdays from 10 – 11 am
For more information or to register, contact:
RFLA Allied Health Team Registered Kinesiologist
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 613-449-5678