RFLA Hiking is a family-oriented FREE group program
~ offered in-person, on the trails ~
Hikes are organized throughout the Winter on Saturday mornings
The Rural Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (RFLA) Hiking Group is open to people of all ages who would like to walk on our local hiking trails with the guidance of a Registered Kinesiologist.
People of all ages are welcome! Hiking distances range between 3 to 15 km. We offer two pace groups: medium to fast hiking and slower/inclusive hiking, which means that anyone of any ability can join. Hikes can involve:
- Family events that are planned throughout the year
- Snowshoeing events in the winter
- We have snowshoes for youths aged 4-18 and for adults
- We have poles and spikes for better balance and grip on the trails
Hikers must register to join the group.
- Thursday evening hikes are planned along various sections of the Cataraqui Trail from May to September
- Saturday mornings hikes are planned at other locations, such as:
- Menzel Centennial – near Roblin
- Sheffield Conservation area – near Tamworth
- Frontenac Park – near Sydenham
- Lemoine’s Point in Kingston
- Parrott’s Bay Conservation Area (Odessa)
- Vanderwater Conservation area (Belleville)
- Marble Rock Conservation Area;
See you on the trails!
For more information or to register, contact:
RFLA Allied Health Team Registered Kinesiologist
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 613-449-5678